Did you know Iowa’s AEAs are providing Pear Deck for Iowa school districts for the 2021-2022 academic year?
What is Pear Deck?
Pear Deck is a communication platform that lets teachers create interactive assessments and presentations that students can follow from their personal devices. It is used in conjunction with Google Slides and assists teachers with designing engaging learning experiences and embedding formative assessments into online classrooms. It is designed to integrate with a district’s existing tools including both Google or Microsoft applications.
Resources for expanding your knowledge of Pear Deck:
- Intro to Pear Deck for Teachers (Heartland AEA)
- Making Pear Deck a More Inclusive Experience Blog Post (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Orchard (templates for a variety of subjects and topics)
- Pear Deck for Progress Monitoring (Central Rivers AEA)
- Pear Deck Handbook (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck One-Pager (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Takeaways Blog Post (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Micro-Credential for Teachers (Green Hills AEA)
- Perfect Pear Deck Presentations- Ed Tech Takeout Podcast (Grant Wood AEA)
Pear Deck Delights Webinars
Webinars will be held in Dec. 2021 and Jan. 2022 to provide educators with all the knowledge they need to be Pear Deck rockstars. Read more about each session and register today!
What Teachers are Saying
“My students and I love the interactivity provided by Pear Deck. I especially appreciate being able to view student responses in real-time.” – Stefanie Throndson, teacher librarian, New Hampton Schools
“My students love that they get to practice as we proceed through a lesson. They love the brain breaks I’ve created using Pear Deck. Flashcard Factory gets them up and moving and working with a peer. Pear Deck is my students’ (and my) favorite tool!” – Nicole DeGidio, teacher/instructional and technology coach, Clayton Ridge Schools
Want to Know More?
Contact one of your AEA’s digital learning/instructional technology consultants!