Current Pear Deck Users — Let Us Know What You Love!
We want to continue to get the word out to Iowa educators with ideas on how to integrate Pear Deck into their classrooms to support teaching and learning! Are you using Pear Deck and have feedback and ideas to share? Let us know by filling out this form!
Iowa’s AEAs are providing Pear Deck for Iowa school districts for the next two academic years — 2022-23 and 2023-24!
What is Pear Deck?
Pear Deck is a communication platform that lets teachers create interactive assessments and presentations that students can follow from their personal devices. It is used in conjunction with Google Slides and assists teachers with designing engaging learning experiences and embedding formative assessments into online classrooms. It is designed to integrate with a district’s existing tools including both Google or Microsoft applications.
Pear Deck Webinars
- Iowa’s AEAs YouTube Channel: Recordings of webinars offered by Iowa’s AEAs, featuring members of the Pear Deck team and Iowa educators
- Pear Deck website: Go sign up for live or view pre-recorded webinars from the Pear Deck team
Resources for expanding your knowledge of Pear Deck:
- Intro to Pear Deck for Teachers (Heartland AEA)
- Making Pear Deck a More Inclusive Experience Blog Post (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Orchard (templates for a variety of subjects and topics)
- Pear Deck for Progress Monitoring (Central Rivers AEA)
- Pear Deck Handbook (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck One-Pager (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Takeaways Blog Post (Grant Wood AEA)
- Pear Deck Micro-Credential for Teachers (Green Hills AEA)
- Perfect Pear Deck Presentations- Ed Tech Takeout Podcast (Grant Wood AEA)
What Teachers are Saying
“My students and I love the interactivity provided by Pear Deck. I especially appreciate being able to view student responses in real-time.” – Stefanie Throndson, teacher librarian, New Hampton Schools
“My students love that they get to practice as we proceed through a lesson. They love the brain breaks I’ve created using Pear Deck. Flashcard Factory gets them up and moving and working with a peer. Pear Deck is my students’ (and my) favorite tool!” – Nicole DeGidio, teacher/instructional and technology coach, Clayton Ridge Schools
Want to Know More?
Contact one of your AEA’s digital learning/instructional technology consultants!