We’re so glad to meet you!
Your AEA school counseling contact’s goal is to help build success for all students by supporting school counselors in their unique roles within schools and ultimately promote better outcomes for all students through the work of the school counselor. Some of the ways that AEA school counselor contacts support the work of school counselors include:
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of the role of the school counselor, which is done through thorough understanding and application of the ASCA National Model, Fourth Edition.
- Providing professional learning for school counselors, including coaching, modeling, and providing resources throughout the three domains of Academic, Social-Emotional Learning, and College and Career Readiness of the ASCA National Model, Fourth Edition.
- Engaging a network of school counselors for the purposes of sharing best practices, supporting one another professionally, and communicating consistently on topics relevant to school counselors.
- Advocating for school counselors across agency, district, state, and national systems, and developing strategic partnerships to benefit school counselors and their students.
- Connecting a variety of educational initiatives such as PBIS, MTSS, Future Ready, SEBH, etc to the role of the school counselor and articulating the school counselor’s role in each.
- Attending professional development about trends and best practices in school counseling, which can then be shared with the school counselor network.
- Being available as a resource for questions pertaining to school counselors or school counseling programs.
AEA School Counselor Contacts
MISSISSIPPI BEND AEA
GREAT PRAIRIE AEA
GRANT WOOD AEA
CENTRAL RIVERS AEA
PRAIRIE LAKES AEA
GREEN HILLS AEA